the autumn equinox marks a time of moving away from summer and toward winter. summer is the time of the year that we have more sunlight, and the winter is the time when we have more moonlight. this transition from summer to winter is marked by autumn equinox, a day where there is equal time of day and night.
our practices for this time of year:
1) gratitude: I believe that the autumn equinox is a the beginning of a new year. look back on the last year of your life and make time this week to reflect on ALL you have to be thankful for. don't forget to look at those challenges that you went through an also find what you have to be thankful for from the obstacles, challenges and heartache from the last year. make this a week to really be aware of all that you are thankful for. practice that gratitude every moment. feel the abundance that your life is.
2) self-care: time to create some new self-care rituals. the seasons require different self-care practices in the same way that your garden requires different attention during different seasons. self-care is an extension of gratitude, it is a practice of being thankful for your precious self. ask yourself what does your self-care look like this season. honor how it may be different than last month. get dedicated and serious about your self-care.
3) clarity: get clear. gratitude and self-care can get us back to what is truly important to us. being clear on what we desire clears the path to create what we desire in our physical world. ask yourself what do you want to be thankful for as your reflect back on the year in september 2015? WHAT are you creating this year? (notice I did not ask HOW - focus on the WHAT, let go of the details of HOW)
libra new moon directions:
the new moon is the most fertile time of the sky. this is the time when you can plant your wishes into the rich and fertile soil of the Heavens. libra is all about relationships, marriage, harmony, and balance. so this is the PERFECT time to reflect and invoke the desires you have around these areas in your life. the exact time for the new moon is tuesday 9.23.14 at 11:14p PDT/ wednesday 9.24.14 at 2:14a EST
here are some tools on doing that:
1) create some quiet time while the moon is not void: wednesday 9.24.14 after 2:56a PT/5:56a EST or all day thursday 9.25.14. find a quiet spot to spend some time in silence adding any rituals that you like. for new moon, i always like to clean and clear my altar by burning palo santo and sitting in silent meditation. i also suggest some of the following, but do what works for you:
* turn off all electronics (no facebooking while doing this)
* take a bath with sea salts and ylang ylang essential oils (or other oils you like)
* wear all white
* ask others you live with to honor you and not disturb you while in your process
* light candles, incense, sage and play music that inspires you
2) write your new moon check: this is one of my favorite rituals for the new moon that i do monthly and is a practice in trust, abundance and receiving support from the Unknown. do this as close to the exact time of the new moon that you can. when you write this check, practice BELIEVING in being supported, even if it is difficult.
3) write your new moon wishes: this requires time, space and clarity. your new moon wishes are what you DESIRE for the new moon cycle/month. you especially want to focus on the energy of the sign of the new moon (in this case everything pertaining to relationships, balance, partnerships an harmony). write these wishes in the present tense, first person and using phrases such as:
I call forth
this cultivates awareness around the relationship between wanting and receiving. always wish for happiness and health, focus down to 10 wishes or less. there is NO wrong or right way to do this! Just BE! Follow your intuition, get out of any formal academic-type thinking. Flow and find your ritual.
let me know how it goes!! email me firstname.lastname@example.org !